Do you ever feel like you’re just going through the motions when you’re working towards your goal? Sometimes, as you’re working towards your goal, it can feel like a never-ending process when you haven’t reached the finished line. Staying motivated is key to any goal-driven journey so that you remain consistent, disciplined and focused. Today, I’m sharing a piece of my strategy with you to give you a better understanding about how a simple effort to track your progress can help boost your morale in your goal-driven journey.
1. Determine your success criteria. One way to track your progress is to determine how you will know when your goal is reached. To create your success criteria, you can use metrics like numbers, data, proof of concept, or a given result that will determine whether you have reached your end goal.
2. Designate specific moments to check in with yourself. Checkpoints are necessary because we need to track where we are so we know where we are coming from and where we are going. Good questions to ask when checking in are “What have I done so far?”, “What issues have I run into?”, “What do I need to keep going?”, and “When is the next time I need to check in?”.
3. Set milestones to measure your success. Milestones are a great method to use when you check in with yourself. Determining how much you should complete and what time frame will help you to manage how productive you are. When you see how far you come, this can also help boost your confidence and create healthy boundaries and create longevity as you’re working towards your goals.
It is just as important to stay motivated in your journey as it is when you create your goals. Seeing any variation of progress made towards your goals can give you the exact boost you need to keep going. Starting this process of creating milestones and defining what will make you the most successful can help you stay motivated to see your dreams coming true! If you’re looking for something to help you track progress with your goals so you can create success criteria, you can do one of two things right now to get you started:
- Check out our posts this week on social media (Follow us @sismovement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok)
- Download our “Go For It” – Plan Your Action Steps worksheet (included when you join the S.I.S. Network or can be purchased separately)
We want to see you win in your journey towards creating goals that get successful results!! Don’t forget to reach out and contact us if you have any questions regarding this post or about the S.I.S. Movement experience!